Dos and Don'ts
· Listen carefully to the introduction to each section. This will give you useful information about the situation and the speakers.
· Use the time at the beginning of each section (and in the middle of Sections 1 – 3) to look through the questions and think about the topic.
· Read the instructions for each task carefully. Remember to check the maximum number of words allowed.
· Write all your answers as you listen – remember you won’t hear the recording a second time.
· Check that what you write makes sense in the context.
· Answer all the questions even if you don’t feel sure about an answer – you may have understood more than you think.
· Wait until the end of the test to transfer your answers. You have ten minutes for this which is plenty of time.
· Write clearly when you transfer your answers. If an answer isn’t clear on your answer sheet, you will lose the mark.
· Check your spelling.
· Don't worry if you have to cross out or change an answer.
· Don't panic if you miss one question. Look ahead and concentrate on the next one.
· Don't try to rephrase what you hear. Write down the words you hear which fit the question.
· Don’t write more than the maximum number of words or letters allowed for each answer.
· Don’t copy any words that were printed on the Question Paper when you transfer your answers to the Answer Sheet.